Sunday, February 17, 2008

Foiled Again

So Here's the story...for some reason, Mike and I really wanted to go to Benihana on Valentines Day the first year that we were married. Well, I called several days before to try and get a reservation and the lady almost laughed at me over the phone. She said there were no tables left and that I would have to call weeks in advance next time. Well, the next year we wanted to try again, but couldn't go for some reason and it just kind of became an obsessin. The next year we had just had Abbie and I couldn't leave her for that long and the following years we were in Ohio and I don't even know if they had a Benihana there. Anyways, we move here to Minnesota and there is a Benihana literally two miles from our house. Well, as a good wife should, I got on the phone about two weeks into January and made reservations for us to go on Valentines Day. I got a babysitter from the ward the we've had sit for the kids a few times. We were defiitely going this time...7 years later mind you. And then come Wednesday night, I got a phone call from the baysitter telling me that she had been sick all week and that she could not babysit the following day. I was very understanding, but we had no other options. I was not going to ask any of our friends last minute and besides that, they were all probably doing something either by themselves or with their kids. Mike suggested that we take the kids and go out to eat, but I just couldn't picture Valentines Day fighting with my children over dinner...I mean we do that every other day of the year. We opted to stay in and cook dinner and save Benihana for another time....maybe next year! I guess we'll get there eventually. Hope everyone had a great V-Day!

5 comments:

jandnrichards said...

Erin that is classic. Maybe next year will be your year. Or you could go and not do it on Valentines. How is van hunting going?

This is me said...

Erin, Sorry your plans got messed up (again). We had a Valentine's dinner at home with the kids, too. This is the second year that has happened to us because a few years back, Lauren had strep throat so we couldn't leave her with anyone. I hope you had a good evening anyway.

The Teeples said...

Erin,
What a cool Post and adorable blog. So I have been finding all these cool blogs through Mindy and Stacie and just had to say Hi to you. We miss you guys especially at Aerobics. Anyways I would love to keep in touch so I created a blog. It is by invite only so send me your e-mail and I will invite you heather10hst@sbcglobal.net

Love,
Heather Teeples :)

The Morris Family said...

Sad, sad, sad: ( Who whould think that going out to dinner would be so difficult. Next year, I will fly out to Minneapolis to babysit if I have to so you guys can finally go to Bennihanas!!

Shay said...

ha ha funny but sad too:( shay shay