Thursday, February 07, 2008

Catching Up

Ok, so this is waht's been going on with us....my sister came to visit two weeks ago and we had a blast. We played with the kids everyday and went out and did things almost everyday. (to see pictures please visit Jenny's Blog as I did not take one picture while she was here. www.jam2722.blogspot.com) Anyways, on the day before she had to go home, we were driving home from being at the Children's Mueseum for like three hours and we were in a car crash. I was turning left at a green light (I had two witnesses that stopped and confirmed that my light was green) and some lady ran a red light and just plowed right into us. She hit us on the front drivers side. We were all ok. I hit my head on the window really hard and got some pretty serious whiplash. Jenny got caught by the seatbelt and is pretty bruised. The kids are both fine. Abbie was scared at first and was crying, but we talked about seatbelts and this is why we wear them. I ended up going to the emergency room in the ambulance and Jen took the kids home with the help of my friend Rachel. It has been a week now and we are just getting word that the van is totalled...so we are back to van shopping. We've only had the van for two years. I'm really sad. Abbie cried when I told her we were not getting it back. Hopefully we'll get something that is equivalent and not have to settle for something less. I'll post pics when we find something. We are actually in pretty good spirits. We know that we were so blessed by the Lord to not be seriously injured or killed in that accident. What we're going through now is small potatoes compared to what could have been. I told Jen that she wasn't invited up here aymore. Last time she was here, the bridge collapsed! She's cursed I tell ya!

12 comments:

Bear of Very Little Brain said...

glad you're feeling better. forgot the bridge collapsed last time jen was there; yeah, it could have been a lot worse. you were so blessed. i'm waiting for pics of the new van. hope abbie'll help you pick it out. love you!

This is me said...

Hey, Erin. Sorry to hear about your accident. I am glad everyone is okay now. So, since Brian used to work for an insurance company, I have to tell you (in case you don't already know), make sure you get new car seats for your kids. The insurance will cover this. Even if they look and work fine, they could have damage that you can't see and won't be as effective if they are in a wreck again. I tell everyone this because I think car seats are so important.
Okay, I'm done preaching. Keep feeling better and good luck with the van hunt!
Susan

Britt said...

Holy smokes!! Glad you guys are ok.

jandnrichards said...

Erin i am so sorry to hear that. I am glad that you are ok as well as everyone else. Good luck with the van shopping. Keep me updated on how you are all doing

T J V said...

I am so glad you are all safe, you are definitely blessed. Hopefully you will be able to get as great or better van and soon.

The Morris Family said...

How scary, but so glad that everyone is okay. Sad about the van, but at least you got another on, right?! Post pics so I can see the new "smokey grey" Quest!!

Harmony said...

Erin, Sorry about the accident. I glad your okay, can't wait to see you in a few weeks.

AMY MICHELLE said...

Erin, I am sooo glad you guys are OK! Sounds like you have a good attitude. Hope you can find a van that will make happy!

Bear of Very Little Brain said...

bear, love your new blog look today and the pic of abbie top right - she's such a beauty. post pics of the van, okay? I can't wait to see. love you and hope you're feeling better. you never forget the impact of a car crash, but time and physical therapy (if you're still going there for your neck) make it less crazy. happy valentine's day!

The Morris Family said...

It's me again! I tagged you so go to my blog & see what's up!

ALL THE ROYCE'S said...

Holy Crap Erin! That was an eventful vacation for your sister! You really should be a better host!!! JK ;0) I'm so glad you guys are ok. If I were you, I wouldn't let her come and visit anymore, either!!! Sorry,Jen! HAPPY VAN HUNTING!

Kandice said...

Erin, I am so glad you and the kiddos are okay! Rachel was so excited to see pictures of Abbie. Take care and maybe you should just stay in when your sister visits.