Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Poor Poor Abbie


So, It's finally happened! We have a broken bone. I have to admit, I'm a little surprised it didn't happen earlier. No, this did not happen from the kids jumping on the couch...Abbie fell off of the neighbors swing last Saturday. She is not crying in the picture from the pain and trauma of a broken arm, rather the lack of a nap. She did not want to cooperate for a picture and apparently I was making her miss her favorite part of the show she was watching. Anyway, she is doing fine. She has to have her cast on for 4 weeks, which is really bad timing considering Summer just started. She was great getting the cast on...no complaints, but we'll see what happens when they come at her with a rotating saw in a few weeks.

7 comments:

Bear of Very Little Brain said...

Yeah, I know - I thought about that when you told me she got the cast. Her daddy can go with her on that one, right? Love the bubblegum pink! Bzzzzz.

Steve and Kalli said...

Oh poor Abby, I would be traumatized if I were her too!

Laura said...

So soooooooorry Abbie, it's just no fun having a broken arm, especially in the summer! YUCK!
We love you,
Auntie Laura, Shayla and fam

Kaylee Hale said...

ERIN! You are killing the poor girl for not letting her watch her favorite tv show! :) JK Well I am so sorry bout the broken bone and all. But just wait until friends of abbies come to give her a present or something. Then she will be REALLY happy!

love ya Shayla Smoot

Shay said...

OOPS that said kaylee but it really is me!

love ya, Shayla

This is me said...

That so reminds me of when Lauren broke her arm just before she turned two. She had the cast on for her birthday party and everything. The rotating saw did not go over very well with her-- so be prepared!

ALL THE ROYCE'S said...

Erin, I can't believe sweet little Abbie broke her arm! I love the PINK cast though! Hope she's doing good. How are you?