Monday, October 05, 2009

Words of Encouragment

So, being the Primary president means that I have to serve in some fashion with the Scouts. (i'm still learning which fashion)The Scouting director is our ward came to me and was telling some of my responsibilities and then asked me if I had any special talents or hobbies that I could potentialy teach the scouts. Silence. "Um not really. I think at one point in my life I did." He thought that was pretty funny, but the truth is, I was serious.

I've been thinking over the past week since our conversation that I really don't have anything that I'm really good at that I could teach someone else. I was beginning to feel really bad for myself and wondering what happened to my life when my sweet son gave me a compliment to lift my spirits. He had just fininshed his "business" in the bathroom and called for me to come help him. During the process he says "Mom, you're a really good wiper." Sigh. "Thanks buddy."

(I don't think the scouts need to learn that skill)

9 comments:

This is me said...

I bet the scouts could use a reminder lesson!

Erin, you have many talents. I should know, I've known you since you were born (literally).

Maybe you could teach them a dance to the Spice Girls or the Backstreet Boys!

Love ya! :)

Sarah said...

There are probably a few of those scouts that could use that lesson! I feel the same way though. I don't know what I am good at anymore, except wiping bums and snot.

Ryan, Karen, Owen, and Ava said...

OH gosh! You just pinned my life on the head. Ryan and I are both laughing out loud. Thanks for that story.

Rachel Anne said...

Hilarious. And isn't it all too true that as moms our talents somehow disappear as we focus on our kids. I'm right there with you!

Johnson Fam said...

That is too funny! What a sweet boy for sure. I echo the words of everyone else!

T J V said...

Glad to know I am not the only one that wonders where my talents have gone, if I even had any to begin with. Although I would have to say, you are a very skilled cart-wheeler in the hall, and quite versed in singing REO Speedwagons songs in aucoustic! haha

The Walkers said...

I'm glad you're a good butt wiper. What would I do without you?

The Teeples said...

Oh Erin youare so multi-talented. Heck! you are the Primary president and that takes a ton of talent.

We miss you guys. How is the snow?

Sandra and Brent said...

I've always known that we were kindred spirits, Erin. I, too, am a very good wiper! This post was a LOL for me. Thanks for another great laugh. Love ya, Sandra