Friday, October 30, 2009

Winter to Summer to Fall in 10 days

My sweet Grandad passed away on October 13, so Abbie, Noah and I had the chance to fly to Dallas for 3 days to be with my family. When we left, Minnesota looked like this:(please note the exceptional WT quality of this picture. ie....Landon's tissue in his nose, and Abbie's entire ensemble. I'm quite proud of this one!)

Upon arriving in Dallas, it was very apparent that we had gone back in time three months, as we were sweating to death. (The locals thought it was "cold"). This is Abbie riding with my uncle Chris on his Vespa. This was her favorite part of the trip.

Uncle Dan got Noah to sleep right as we were sitting down for breakfast one of the mornings. (I have to admit for as much as I love my nephews, it was really nice to have my brothers there w/o kids......extra help for me!)
After driving for 22 hours straight from Dallas to SLC with my dad and my brothers, and after a much needed nap for me, we met up with Amy and the boys. Are these the cutest kids ever? And they totally love hanging out......see.....
They pretty much did this for like 3 straight hours.
Halfway through our trip, we went up to Park City to stay at a condo for a few nights. While we were there we celebrated a belated birthday for Jord, and an early birthday for Noah.

Oh, he got right into it! Sandra and I did rock, paper, scissors for who had to clean him up afterwards and she lost. I ended up cleaning the kichen instead. (I'll go ahead and let her think she got the better end of the deal!)
We also went to the BYU/TCU game while we were there. I don't really have much to say about it.....oh wait, yes I do.....we tailgated before hand and that was a lot of fun! Cute picture of Mike and Annie.
Jord with his less than attractive beanie.
If you didn't watch the game, this picture will tell you how it went.

Laura and I still managed to have fun though!! Love you Laura!!
I know, I know, I don't have pictures of my Grandads funeral, Abbie with her girl cousins, swimming at the condo, my cutest niece Lucy, and I'm sure there's something else I'm missing. I pretty much suck at remembering to take pictures! Since marrying into the Hale family, however, I have gotten much better. (Jen and Sandra put up lots of other pictures on their Blogs). We can't wait to go back at Christmas!


















































7 comments:

Jillian said...

The picture of Laura, Mike & Jordan watching the game made me laugh. At least Mike got to watch them win in San Diego. It was good to see you for a bit!

This is me said...

That top picture is fantastic! I LOVE Abbie wearing ski goggles for the quarter inch dusting of snow in the background.

So glad to see you in Texas and miss you so, so much already. Next time you are in Utah, I am coming, too!

Sandra and Brent said...

This is, without a doubt, one of my favorite blog posts that I've ever read! Outstanding Erin! I love the photo of Mike and Annie and would love it if you would zip me a copy. Your photos were great . . . and I DID get the best of the cleaning deal! Love ya, Sandra

Bear of Very Little Brain said...

Erin you know I saw this and we oooohed and aaaaahed over it because you called me the minute you posted. I love that you do this; then I always come back and read comments! How do I love your little family! Miss you guys - hi to Mike and squeeze the kids. Love you :)

The Walkers said...

Yay for matching BYU beanies!! Erin, I miss you guys! I had no idea that you were taking that picture of the three of us at the game. Too funny. I went back to work today.....boo hoo.

jandnrichards said...

Erin I love the pics. I am excited to hear you are going for Christmas. We will have to try to see each other.

Anonymous said...

Air jordan
Air jordan shoes
Nike jordan
ugg boots
ugg boots
Fashion Ugg boots
ugg
Classic Ugg Boots
wholesale Ugg Boots
Louis Vuitton Bags
Louis Vuitton
4ulv
lv
4ulv bag
Air Jordan shoes
Jordan Sneakers
Jordan Shoes
mahina
surya
cruise 2009
jordan 4 sneaker
jordan 3 sneaker
jordan 2009 sneaker
Air jordan 1
Air jordan 2
Air jordan 3
Air jordan 4
Air jordan 5
Air jordan 6
Air jordan 7
Air jordan 8
Air jordan 9
Air jordan 10
Air jordan 11
Air jordan 12
Air jordan 13
Air jordan 14
Air jordan 15
Air jordan 16
Air jordan 17
Air jordan 18
Air jordan 19
Air jordan 20
Air jordan 21
Air jordan 22
Air jordan 23
Air jordan melo 1.5
Air jordan 2.5
Air jordan 10.5
Air Jordan 2009
Air jordan I
Air jordan IV
Air jordan VIII
Air jordan XI
Air jordan XII
Air jordan XV
Air jordan XVII
Air jordan XVIII
Air jordan 2.5
Air jordan 10.5