Sunday, July 05, 2009

Happy Birthday America, oh yeah...and Mike!

Mike always chooses to celebrate his birthday by shooting off illegal fireworks. (roman candle)


Bottle rockets.....


....and this is what the kids thought of them.

These kids (and I) sure love their daddy. Mike was able to be home with us all day on his B-day.


This was Landons first time holding a sparkler. He liked it, but kept saying that it was "spitting on me." This is such a classic Landon face!





Abbie and her friend Olivia at the fireworks later that night.




Landon and his friend Sage. I asked him once if Sage is his girlfriend and he said "No, Abbie is."
We really had such a good 4th this year. I was beyond happy that Mike didn't get called in, and we were able to have a lot of fun with friends and just being together with the kids. I love this country, and I love my family! Hope everyone else had a great 4th too!






4 comments:

Anna said...

Love that landon said the sparkler was spitting on him!! Miss you guys already. CC asks about the kids all the time!

Dana said...

I'm so happy for you that Mike got to stay home! I was hoping he would. I wish you come here fire works are very legal and everyone does them. Brady loved the sparklers and kept calling them sparklees. Abbie looks so cute in her dress!

Bear of Very Little Brain said...

Great pics Bear, glad you had such a good 4th. What a face on Landon with the sparklers. Poor Mike had to hear my sing Happy Birthday to him - sounds like you all had a lot of fun! Love you . . . Mom

Sandra and Brent said...

I wish you could see the huge smile on my face right now . . . your great photos made me feel like I was there for a minute celebrating Mike's birthday and Independance Day. It sounds like you had such a great day. How did the cake turn out? Lots of love, Sandra/Mom/Grandma