Monday, June 29, 2009

New Bike, Old Bike


There's really nothing GREAT about being the second child. You never get anything new and if the hand-me-down is gender specific, you have to use it anyway. Mike thought making Landon ride Abbie's Princess bike was taking it a little too far, so on Saturday when we finally bought Abbie a new bike, he went right to the Hardware store and bought spray paint. The end result........not too bad and the boy looks happy right?











Now, if he can only learn to ride it!

6 comments:

This is me said...

Erin, that is awesome. We were just talking about doing the same thing for Lauren and Baker. Her legs are getting too long for her bike and we are just going to paint it and give it to Baker. Those poor second children. And then, after going through two kids, it is worn out and the third child gets new stuff!

R said...

Hi Erin
Yes! I do remember you. Yep--we just moved here about 2 weeks ago. We live in the 4th ward (NW corner). What about you guys?

Bear of Very Little Brain said...

Good idea! Both kids look happy. GRRRR I can't save the pic of Landon - whas'up? Will you send it to me? I love his smile! Ab's hair is longer. Summertime!

R said...

No we live in Rochester. Eric's doing anesthesia. So we're here for 3 years at least.
What about your husband?

The Walkers said...

The wonders of spray paint. Landon does look like a happy little man.

Sandra and Brent said...

I'm such a happy Grandma to see your updated blog with my little darlings on their new (and semi-new) bikes! Both kids look very happy with their bikes. I miss all of you. Sandra/Mom/Grandma