Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Permanant Headache!

Ok, so here is the progression of Landon taking his coat off after coming inside. He is Mr. Independant these days, and that is putting it lightly. We usually don't start off too bad. He begins to take the coat off, thinking that it won't be too difficult...
He is now starting to realize, "hey, this is harder than I thought it was going to be, but I'm REALLY stubborn so no, I will not give my mother the satisfaction of helping me, even though she is asking every 5 seconds "can mama help?"
This is where the crying begins. He is now at a crossroads. He has taken the coat off by himself before, so he knows that it can be done, but this time it is definitely not working! He still will not let me help!
Frustration takes over and the fits of hysterics begin. Still will NOT let mom help!
There is no calming him down now. All I can do is offer hugs and support from the sideline. This can go on for minutes, but the child will not let me or anyone else help. If we did just step in and help or do it for him, he literally would not settle down for like 30 minutes. Oh, well at least I still have on sane child...oh wait....

This is what Abbie picked out to wear to school today. It's a lost cause at my house!!

3 comments:

This is me said...

I loved this! Your house is exactly like my house. Our big thing right now is Baker trying to climb into his car seat by himself. He CAN do it, but it takes forever and it has been raining a lot here lately and I hate just standing there and waiting (and getting all wet). Also, I stopped letting Lauren pick out her own clothes on school or church days. I just have to have her in matching outfits when we go out. I guess I'm too much of a control freak!

ALL THE ROYCE'S said...

Erin, I just loved that post! You have to LOVE it when our kids start to get their independence. Life would be WAY TO EASY if they didn't have their own opinion. Tell Landon to keep up the good work!!!!!!

Harmony said...

Erin, that is hilarious, We fo through the same thing, but Avery isn't as stubborn and finally realizes that she does need my help.