Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Abbie turns 6!



At the risk of feeling like a horrible mother I will blog about my daughters birthday two weeks late. Since Abs had a party last year, I told her that this year we would not be having a party, but that she could do whatever she wanted to that day. My hopes in doing this, were to be spending less money. Leave it up to MY daughter to choose Mall of America. The wristbands for the rides there are $30 a piece, thus no money saved...in fact more money spent. Luckily Papa was in town. Thank you Brent for everything! We had a really fun night at the mall riding rides, having a birthday dinner at Tony Romas, and laughing our heads off. I was glad I finally got to go on the rides. I was pregnant the last two times we went there. Sandra was nice enough to stay with Noah while we all went on the rides. I know it was a HUGE sacrifice for her! Yeah right. We came home and sang happy birthday to Abs and let her open her presents. (We didn't leave the mall until 11:30 that night. My kids got to see the ball drop....it was awesome!) It was a great day. We love you Abbie!

5 comments:

This is me said...

That sounds like so much fun! Don't you love not being pregnant anymore and getting to do fun, normal things? But, really, I gotta know -- is that a salt shaker next to Abbie's birthday cake. Just wondering...

Hale-O There said...

Too bad we weren't there, it sounds like that night was super fun!
Tell Abs Happy Birthday.

love,
rach

The Walkers said...

I would say too bad we weren't there, but the rides made me sick last time. Actually I'm so sad we weren't there. I can NOT believe that Abbie is six years old. Miss you guys. p.s. we saw the baby on ultrasound today. It waved at me, and I haven't felt bad about being pregnant since.

Anneliese said...

hey i was wondering if you know jen and dan claunch? jen went to high school with me and i was blog hopping today and saw that she lived out there.

wxplowmans said...

What adorable family you have! I can't believe that Abbie is six already! I remember when she was born. Crazy! Sounds like she had a fun birthday.