Sunday, December 28, 2008

A New Tradition




Abbie and I went to see the Nutcracker last weekend. Abbie saw a picture of it in the newspaper and started asking if we could go. I was a little surprised , especially once I told her it was not a movie, but real people on stage and there was no talking, just dancing. Well that last part sold her. She is all about ballet lately. When she grows up, she is going to be a doctor and a ballerina. A huge snowstorm blew in that morning making the roads awful and we had to go all the way to St. Paul. (ok, it's only like 20 minutes, but still.....did I say the roads were awful)? We went anyway, and had a great time. Abs was really into it and watched the whole thing, asking me questions the whole way through about the plot. We are definitely making this a new Christmas tradition! She even got to pick out a Nutcracker ornament for the Christmas tree on the way out. I love you Abbie!!!





5 comments:

Hale-O There said...

I love the Nutcracker too!!! Tell abs I was a red soldier, blue soldier, and a rat when I was younger and it was so fun. So she wants to be a Doctor? I heard she got an anatomy book from Mike, you should ask annie about her anatomy book while she's there;)
Send me your email so I can invite you to my blog we went private. Happy new year!

Anna said...

That sounds like so much fun!! Im glad Abby loved it! YOu are looking so good Erin! Cant wait to see everybody back in the snow! We will be home in two weeks.
Anna

Alder said...

That is so fun, what a great tradition! Hope you guys had a great Christmas.

Alder said...

That is so fun, what a great tradition! Hope you guys had a great Christmas.

This is me said...

Lauren and I did the exact same thing, with Brian's mom, too. Lauren loved it and acted out the whole thing the next day. And, yes, we have a Sugar Plum Fairy ornament hanging on our tree. What a great tradition!