Sunday, July 20, 2008

Cast free and lovin life!

The day came and went without any tears. When we got to the hospital, Abbie was a little nervous and I could tell by the look on her face that she was about to cry, but the guy that took her cast off, reassured her that he would not cut her and told her everything that he was going to do before he did it. He was really good! He let her keep her cast since all of her friends had signed it and even gave her a special cloth bag to keep it in. I was so proud of her. I could see her trying to be so brave and she really was. Her skin wasn't too bad underneath and returned to normal within a few days. I can't tell you how glad I am to have that cast gone. It was getting to be a real headache trying to remember a bag everytime we went swimming or anywhere with water for that matter. So long bright pink annoying cast. Hopefully it will be our last (at least for a little while).

2 comments:

The Teeples said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
The Teeples said...

I am so glad that Abbie has her cast off not only for her but also for all of you.

Enjoy the rest of the summer. Hopefully no more mishaps huh.

Miss ya,
Heather :)