Monday, March 09, 2009

Disney On Ice








Since Abbie got to go to The Nutcracker with me in December, I thought I would take Landon on a date too. What's better than Disney on Ice for a three year old? And let me tell you, Disney is not doing too bad in these hard economic times....$16.00-$40.00 per ticket (x about 6,000 people), $10 for cotton candy, $6 for popcorn, $4.25 for a 16oz. soda, $24 for a light-up sword, etc. I was appalled at how much these things cost, but even more appalled at the amount of some of these items parents were buying for their kids. Most of the people I saw had to have dropped several hundred dollars on toys and treats. I'm glad that there are plenty of people who still have jobs and can afford these things for their children, but Landon had just as much fun with convenient store candy and a bottle of water that I snuck in. I love my little man!








8 comments:

Dana said...

Man landon has GROWN! We have to get these boys together I have a feeling its going to be crazy and fun!
And I agree what the heck are people paying 10 dollars for cotton candy?!

Anneliese said...

come on erin -- we all know it's you that really wants to go to these kid things, and you just use abbie and landon as your excuse.

The Walkers said...

Oh my. I officially have the CUTEST niece and nephews in the world. I can't believe how big Landon is. I find absolutely nothing wrong with sneaking food into places. My mom thought I was a sinner for sneaking Cadbury Mini Eggs into the movies last week. I'm not paying 5 dollars for a candy bar!!

The Walkers said...

Such darling pictures of Landon! His expression is priceless . . . you can see the wonder in his eyes. Erin , you're lookin' great! And no matter what Laura says, I think it's very fine that you smuggled candy and water in for Landon!!!! Love ya, Sandra

Unknown said...

You are the one that smells bad!

Hale-O There said...

What a hottie Landon is! and you look really great Erin- way to go I can only imagine how hard it must be to get back after having a baby. That is really cool you take your kids on outings alone. They must love it.

The Walkers said...

No, I did not believe for one second that that conversation happened. Especially the part where Mike said she would be the most delightful little girl. Whatever Mike!

Laurie Gustafson said...

I love that you took Landon to Disney on Ice...we just took Sam here in Columbus a few weeks ago. He loved watching Dash from the Incredibles (it looks like you might have had a different show). Landon is so grown up now. How is residency?