Sunday, October 15, 2006

Hale Family

Hale Family
Sorry that I have not written for awhile. Our computer crashed about 10 days ago and we have had to borrow our neighbors lap top to check anything out. That is what I am writing this on right now. Don't worry though.....Mike did his thing where he researches out every possible option, calculates everything out, and sees where he can save 5or 10 dollars and has ordered us a new computer. it should actully be arriving tomorrow. Thank goodness. I didn't realize that you cannot survive for long in this world without a computer. Ok, I really only want one so that Abbie can play her computer games on Nick Jr. and so that I can email and look at blogs, oh and Old Navy.com, but to me, that is survival. Mike and took tha kids and went to Iowa City, Iowa this weekend. Mike had an interview there for Oral Surgery Residency and since it is his top choice, I decided to go with him to look at housing. The drive is 8 hours each way. The kids were actually pretty good. They were watching the dvd player and Mike and I listened to some books on CD. I didn't however like the city too much. It is a great school and Mike would be extatic to match there, but I found it too small and older than I had pictured it. I guess I would get used to it though. We got back last night and I'm sure the kids are glad to be home...in fact on the way to church today, Landon immediately started crying when we put him in his car seat. Everything else here is good. Back to the grind tomorrow!

Love, Erin

2 comments:

This is me said...

Hey Guys! I'm glad to hear things are going well with you. I loved the pictures of Abbie on her bike. So cute! I can't believe you travelled all that way with Mike and the kids! Brian had to go to SLC for a job interview last week and that is 12 hours each way. No thank you! I risked being a single mom for four days to save myself the hassle. Too bad Baker and I both got pink eye and the flu while he was gone. Good times, good times.

Dana said...

Erin,
I totally know how not fun it is to think about moving. But after moving to a place where the heat could only be rivaled in Hell. I think that I could get use to any place. Good luck I hope it works out the way that you wanted it too!